- Aha! Parenting written by Dr. Laura Markham, this blog is full of truly, terrific parenting advice. I never fail to glean wisdom on being a more empathic, connected and insightful parent from her articles.
- Beyond The Brochure a must read for anyone applying for private elementary schools in Los Angeles, CA.
- Emotionally Healthy Twins Blog Written by Dr. Joan Friedman (author of an excellent book of the same name). She doesn't write often, but when she does it's a must read for parents of twins.
- Real Child Development written by Leslie, a homeschooling mom of 4 boys, who (along with her husband) also works with at risk children in Costa Rica. This blog always has wonderful insight, observations and inspiration for parenting better.
- Janet Lansbury - Elevating Childcare Janet is a much sought-after teacher of RIE parenting. Her blog is incredibly insightful and full of profound wisdom about young children.
- Lisa Sunbury - Regarding Baby Along with Janet Lansbury, Lisa has been one of my biggest inspirations in coming to understand how I want to parent my children. Lisa is also a teacher of the RIE parenting philosophy and her insight as a caregiver (as opposed to a parent) makes for wonderful reading.
- Teacher Tom: I love this blog written by a Seattle preschool teacher. Tom's insight into the way children learn and play, as well as his views about our education system are always fascinating.
- The Mother Company: Full disclosure, I write occasionally for TMC. But even before that started, they were a favorite of mine. Their mission, helping parents raise good people, is so in line with what I try to do here on this blog, that their articles, products and overall philosophy is something I can truly get behind. Check them out, they do great stuff.
Also, I would suggest checking out my Facebook page as I have a really big selection of wonderful parenting pages listed under my "likes". In addition to these, I also read a few blogs on blogging, but I figure you're here for parenting stuff! Let me know your thoughts if you check these blogs out (and let them know I sent you)! And I would love to know what blogs YOU love....
Thanks for reading,
The Twin Coach